Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netbook won't boot, hangs at aswrvrt.sys after uninstalling Roxio Backontrack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thegnome54

thegnome54

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

HP Mini 110 running Windows XP with a version of Avast, tried rebooting my netbook after removing Roxio Backontrack from add/remove programs. 

When I select 'Start Windows Normally', the windows loading screen shows up but then it goes to black and nothing happens. When I try to boot in any sort of safe mode, it runs down the list of drivers that it's loading and hangs up on aswrvrt.sys indefinitely.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be great. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hi

:welcome: to the BC forum.

Do you have either an installation CD or recovery console CD in hand ?

#3 thegnome54

thegnome54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hello, thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately my netbook does not have a CD drive, so I don't think either of those would be helpful for me. Maybe I should try something with a USB stick?

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

HI

Do you have the XP disc in hand ? . If yes, please use the free tool Rufs to create a bootable XP USB drive. Download link and user guides are in the below link.

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

After creating the USB, try booting the netbook with it. If you can boot to the XP setup successfully, let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users