Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Mouse and Keyboard is not recognizing when starting.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FNCPro

FNCPro

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Well, my computer must have been infected because my keyboard and mouse turn on while in BIOS(Forgot my password like an idiot!). I can't get into my Windows 7 PC because I can't enter my password...

****Specs****
eMachines computer T6520
2 or 4 GB of RAM
The original processor(AMD Athlon I think)
WD Caviar Green 1.0TB 32MB cache SATA HDD
Some IDE HDD
Logitech k310 Washable Keyboard USB
Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 USB mouse
I don't even know what motherboard it is.
****End of specs****

Thanks,
FNCPro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hi FNCPro,

I think I understand your topic but are you asking for help to retrieve your password or what specifically ?

#3 FNCPro

FNCPro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Iam asking forhelp on retrieving my password AND fixing USB keyboard and mouse

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi FNCPro,

There was a similar request some time ago and one of our Forum Moderators had this response:

We sympathize with your situation. Though your question about passwords is most likely legitimate, there are those who would pretend to need such assistance in order to gain unauthorized access to a computer not owned by them. We have no way of confirming ownership or if someone is being truthful with us. As such we don't provide step by step instructions but we certainly can help you find the information you seek.

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

However, you may refer to these Microsoft articles.

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft for Windows 7 and Vista:

Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Articles for Windows 7:

Regards....................

Edited by sikntired, 15 July 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#5 FNCPro

FNCPro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hi FNCPro, There was a similar request some time ago and one of our Forum Moderators had this response: We sympathize with your situation. Though your question about passwords is most likely legitimate, there are those who would pretend to need such assistance in order to gain unauthorized access to a computer not owned by them. We have no way of confirming ownership or if someone is being truthful with us. As such we don't provide step by step instructions but we certainly can help you find the information you seek. Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwordsHowever, you may refer to these Microsoft articles.Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft for Windows 7 and Vista:

Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Articles for Windows 7:Regards....................

BIOS BIOS BIOS!!!!!!!!

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

BIOS passwords present different problems.

Try using Google, with "eMachines BIOS password" as the search phrase.  Google...is always an excellent source of data on many subjects.

Louis

#7 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,085 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Overlooked " BIOS" -- wrong glasses, apologies !

#8 FNCPro

FNCPro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

So, I was messing around and got the computer to reset CMOS, so I can get into the bios, turns out it was my OS and not my computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users