Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to increase internal memory

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sanjanraj

sanjanraj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hai, i have a samsung galaxy mini phone but the internal memory is not sufficient for me is there any way to increase my internal memory????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

According to http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mini_s5570-3725.php

Your phone comes standard with 160MB of Internal Memory. Plus a 2GB MicroSD card for storage. It will support up to 32GB in the MicroSD slot. Keep in mind not all applications can be moved to the MicroSD card. Videos, pictures and music can be stored there. But most applications will be restricted to the internal phone memory which is limited to 160MB and cannot be increased by the user. If you do add a larger capacity SD card be sure you copy what is on the current card to the new one so that you don't lose your data.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

If you're talking about system memory so you can run more or storage memory so you can install more then buying an external MicroSD card is the first step but you should also look at how to use an application called s2e if your phone is rooted.

Apps store link; "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.krikun.s2e"

Developers link; "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=917377"

Read up on this FIRST before you use it, or another like it, as you can damage or brick your phone if your not careful.

I've used it in the past for family who use a Samsung Galaxy Gio that is maxed out. Just take your time and follow all instructions and/or ask them questions on the forum if you need help applying.

#4 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

You can root your phone and then use an app that will store apps on a second partition on the SD card.. Rooting will also allow you to remove unnecessary cruft to create more room (be very, very careful here, and always have a backup you can restore in case you munge things - like I did several times).

I have 2 tablets. One is a Galaxy Tab. I rooted it and installed link2sd (this will ONLY work on a rooted device). After that I was able to uninstall things that I didn't need: the Peel rremote control, Facebook, etc. (You'll still need another app that will allow system apps to be removed. The system won't allow it. But link2sd can take care of that part, too.)All apps that aren't removable until you have root. Then I installed link2sd, which requires 2 partitions on the SD card. Ran it, let it link to the second partition, rebooted and moved everything that was movable except widgets (they fail if on the SD card a lot of times) and one game that didn't work too well from the SD. Now I have lots of stuff installed and still have plenty of room.

Link2sd will still leave pieces of an installed app on the device. But that's not avoidable since at least a link is needed to make it available. But a lot of apps can be moved almost completely.

Without root, you're pretty much stuck with what you have.

My other tablet (a Hisense Sero 7 Pro, almost identical to the Nexus 7, only better) doesn't have root yet. But it does a much better job of storage management than the Galaxy does anyway, including letting me remove several things I don't want on the tablet that came with it, like Chrome, Facebook, a remote control app, etc. Eventually I'll root that one, too, and use link2sd on it.

#5 rcxman

rcxman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Try Easy Cache Cleaner. It's an app to clean temp files that apps make but don't delete them later when they don't need them. It keeps my phone a bit faster.

#6 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

FYI - Older programs like AS2SD and S2E don't work on the 4.2+ Android OS. I was looking into a new option that's still manitained and active and found an excellent tool called Mounts2SD. I've applied this to two Samsung Galaxy Gio's with good results so far, running in the default Safe Mode. If all continues to go well I'll see about A) Adding swap partition, B) Move Data, and C) Move Dalvik. (This APK requires root access.)

When I had issues and questions the developer was helpful, supportive, and replied in less than a day. Not bad at all for an app/forum thread created in 2011!

XDA - "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1342387"

Google - "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spazedog.mounts2sd"

#7 JT Drago

JT Drago

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

You can try "Clean Master". It's available in the Play Store and is very user-friendly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users