Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to break password with command prompt

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dinumidun

dinumidun

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

Can one use command prompt to break password

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Yes and no. It depends on the OS, The PW you are trying to "break" and the tools you're using. It's not easy, can take weeks or more, and still fail.

What exactly is your issue? Is this for a Win7 PW or an application PW like WinZip?

#3 dinumidun

dinumidun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

For window7 pw

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 July 2013 - 09:36 AM.
merged another topic about this issue into this topic

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Please be more specific about your issue. It's important that we have as many details as possible.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

If this is your pass word for a computer there is a forum rule which is relevant to this topic.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Edited by dc3, 15 July 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

There are many reasons why this could be required....which is why ask before proceeding to provide any useful information. I've had need myself in the past, both for work and for personal reasons. So IS this question breaking a rule, always, or just under certain circumstances?

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

In this topic a request has been made for information regarding cracking a password, this certainly falls under the description of defeating an existing security measure.

What I'm about to post does not reflect on dinumidun in any way.

There are times when members will request help because they have either forgotten their password or acquired a computer with an unknown password and honestly ask for help.  But how do we determine whether this person falls into that category of not?

Since a person can do a Google search and readily find information for cracking a password I have reservations about this rule applying to this situation.  But I do not set policy here, and will always abide with the policies which are in effect.

I'll see if I can get a Moderator to provide a more definitive answer to your question.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

The way the question is posed we can answer it, yes or no. To further the discussion in the operation and performance of such a task we cannot do. This goes against the forum rules.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Properly framed requests for assistance with gaining access to devices can and will and have been be allowed on a case by case basis. Generic how do I crack my (fill in the blank's) computer/router/phone will not be honored.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Cool. So we can confirm if it's possible, but can't elaborate on the how no matter the why.

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,841 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Not quite:

Properly framed requests for assistance with gaining access to devices can and will and have been be allowed on a case by case basis.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#11 Cyrus not the Virus

Cyrus not the Virus

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

Is the guy trying to crack a Win7 password or what? He is not answering that's odd!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users