Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with Wanscam motion detection + recording

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 crimsonknight3

crimsonknight3

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hi all, I got a new wanscam wifi ip camera today and ive set it up to the best of my knowledge but i can't seem to get the motion detection/recording to work. I've set up the alarm service settings:

Motion detect armed is set to enabled sensitivity is set to 6, Upload image on alarm is set to enabled and interval is 60 seconds and to be sure, i enabled the schedule and selected all. On local record path the top box is greyed out, when i click browse and browse to a folder on my computer, the location appears in the greyed out box All the other settings ive left at default for now, when i click submit the file path in the greyed out box disappears. After this, the motion detection still wont activate and i cant figure out how to get this to record.

Thanks, also heres the details in the information area:

Device Status Device Firmware Version 67.2.1.148 Device Embeded Web UI Version 9.0.8.39 Alias IPCAM Device ID JWEV-055260-UFPST Alarm Status None UPnP Status UPnP Succeed sd status   Total capacity   Remaining capacity   DDNS Status DDNS Succeed

Edited by crimsonknight3, 15 July 2013 - 08:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 crimsonknight3

crimsonknight3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Okay i appear to have managed to set up my own ftp and now i get images sent to my desktop every (whatever time i set) however i STILL cant figure out a way to record video, if i click the video options button it does absolutely nothing (this is using IE) and i cant seem to find any options regarding video recording, only pictures or emails. Thanks again.

#3 itopman

itopman

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hi.. I have the same issue, thought it was down to the scheduler but surely that's just for alarms, should record if its got a local path surely as no other settings to set it as you have stated.

brian

#4 lauwisme

lauwisme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Okay i appear to have managed to set up my own ftp and now i get images sent to my desktop every (whatever time i set) however i STILL cant figure out a way to record video, if i click the video options button it does absolutely nothing (this is using IE) and i cant seem to find any options regarding video recording, only pictures or emails. Thanks again.

How exactly did you get the ftp to work?

I want to ftp images to my webserver but somehow I only get an empty folder each day. Thought it had to do with rights on the server, but using filezilla I can upload files without trouble. Maybe I missed something in the webinterface. I'm on the same firmware btw.

#5 crimsonknight3

crimsonknight3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

I want to ftp images to my webserver but somehow I only get an empty folder each day. Thought it had to do with rights on the server, but using filezilla I can upload files without trouble. Maybe I missed something in the webinterface. I'm on the same firmware btw.

Well I was simply using my laptop as the ftp server so the pictures were getting uploaded instantly straight to my laptop. Use the Filezilla Server (theres a download on their website) and set it up on your computer (there are tons of videos on how to set it up) I can't really help much more than that. Still having the same issues with mine. I can use third party programs to record but their fps is ALOT slower than the built in software. However i still just cant get wanscam to record locally, only pictures.

#6 hurka11

hurka11

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

I used this video.Good luck

#7 brihankwilles

brihankwilles

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Hi all, I got a new wanscam wifi ip camera today and ive set it up to the best of my knowledge but i can't seem to get the motion detection/recording to work. I've set up the alarm service settings:

Motion detect armed is set to enabled sensitivity is set to 6, Upload image on alarm is set to enabled and interval is 60 seconds and to be sure, i enabled the schedule and selected all. On local record path the top box is greyed out, when i click browse and browse to a folder on my computer, the location appears in the greyed out box All the other settings ive left at default for now, when i click submit the file path in the greyed out box disappears. After this, the motion detection still wont activate and i cant figure out how to get this to record.

Thanks, also heres the details in the information area:

Device Status Device Firmware Version 67.2.1.148 Device Embeded Web UI Version 9.0.8.39 Alias IPCAM Device ID JWEV-055260-UFPST Alarm Status None UPnP Status UPnP Succeed sd status   Total capacity   Remaining capacity   DDNS Status DDNS Succeed

Hey,, have you tried to follow the instruction from the manual?? If not try out those sometimes we often do some kind of mistakes but it seems we have done every thing so just try it out,, I'm sure it works!!

motion sensor security lighting

#8 sdsmall

sdsmall

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

How do you (anyone) cope with the flickering that occurs under some lighting conditions and results in a false positive motion detect?

#9 papoeldumbo

papoeldumbo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I need guidance ..
I have installed two Wanscam jw0008.
I did the mail service settings for sending alarms to my email, I received a test message only to one of the addresses RECEIVER and not the other two.

Neither  do not received email messages to as it should be.

Has anyone had this same problem?

Thanks...

Nestor

#10 Giznad

Giznad

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

question about the FTP you got to work . . . as I haven't been able to yet.  1st, my FTP server is up and running, no issues there, i can log into it with other programs and upload fine.  i have tried using my local IP (192.x.x.x) and remote IP to no avail . . . i have all my info entered in correctly, but it just never connects to my FTP.  i can sit there and watch it and there are no login attempts. . .what am i missing?

#11 pakitis

pakitis

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Could we record video and how? :|

#12 ToneTheFunGI

ToneTheFunGI

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

This is for the issue of recording from the wanscam in Windows 8. Found this on a Foscam forum where people were reporting the same problem. Just fire up the cam as normal in IE then go add it as a trusted site with low security. That let me change the local record options

Pls add the camera as a trusted site in your computer.

The step is IE browser-----Tool-----Internet Options-----security-----trusted sites------sites------Add (did have to uncheck the Require Server verification box at the bottom)

Attached Files

#13 LeoMozo

LeoMozo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:36 AM

I have my wanscam JW0011s working fine, uploading video recordings to my FTP server succesfully.

However, I have struggled to find out how to as well, so let me explain the easy solution.

While wanscam is capable of writing video recordings to FTP, it is not apparantly capable of doing so directly.

Once you configured FTP and you can upload images all you need to do is install an SD card (can be cheapest one you can buy) and magically you will see your videos start uploading to your FTP. 

I guess the wanscams just need to store it locally before sending to FTP due to limitations in I-O, processor or memory capacity.

The SD card goes in the back of the JW011 removing two screws and inserting a micro sd card, format the card using the webinterface, configure to upload video to FTP and if your FTP server works, you are all set :-)

Hope that helps,

Leo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users