Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fresh install of win7, wifi does not work, cable does

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Luxrath

Luxrath

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

As the title says. did a  fresh install to get rid of the junk rpeivous owner put on.

Here are some details:

is a samsung no550p7c laptop

wireless worked before, was demonstrated it by previous owner

laptop doesn't seem to even realize it has wireless capabilities, no wireless icons show up

have installed all internet related looking drives from samsung, still no attempt to use wireless by machine

have attempted wireless both right next to and far away from router

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm still learning but I would personally say try installing updated drivers from the manufactuer and if that doesn't help then try using the device manager to find your wifi card and make sure it is working properly. Last thing I would add would be to try to swap out the NIC or get a cheap usb wifi adapter and it should work.

#3 Luxrath

Luxrath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm still learning but I would personally say try installing updated drivers from the manufactuer and if that doesn't help then try using the device manager to find your wifi card and make sure it is working properly. Last thing I would add would be to try to swap out the NIC or get a cheap usb wifi adapter and it should work.

according to minitoolbox, the driver is not installed. come googling tells me that the network card is a "intel® centrino® advanced-n 6235" but i cant download any working drivers for it...

#4 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Try http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless it should auto detect the card if its intel and give you a way to download and install drivers.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Is the reinstalled OS the same as the previous which is usually by the hidden recovery partition?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users