Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help please I can't figure this out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Ok so I'm having a few different problems and didn't know exactly where to put them so I figured Networking would generally cover all of them.

Issue 1: I am having issues being disconnected from my ISP rented modem constantly, I have 2 desktops running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Windows 8 hard lined with ethernet through a brand new treadnet switch. I have ran tracert and ping tests without help, resetting the winsock setting, directly connecting to the modem and recieving assistance from techs from my ISP  (Bright House) I recently purchased a new modem from Best Buy hoping it may help and is in the process of having the connection changed over to it. Any tips?

Issue 2: On the same two desktops mentioned before, I cannot connect to yahoo or my ISP email service, it refreshes back to the login page with no error message after hitting login. Also, when trying to order on Amazon or Newegg or making lists on PCpartpicker.com when I add a part or item to the cart/list it either dissapears with an empty list/cart or says to enable cookies to continue which are already enabled. I have tried this in multiple browsers and both computers and get the same thing. I can connect to the ISP mail with the Windows 8 desktop when connected via WiFi but the others still don't function properly. My laptop running Linux Mint and my Android devices have no issue with any of it. Also, when I tried logging in to this site on the desktops it wouldn't keep me signed it after submitting my credentials correctly. This has been baffling Senior techs from Bright House for a month now. Any suggestions, this is another reason for trying the new modem.

Issue 3: I have been building an Untangle server to act as a bridge between my modem and the switch. I have all the parts needed and tried installing the OS when I ran into a few errors on the step called "Install base system" or something similar. The errors read as follows:

"Failed to install the base system. The base system installation into /target/ failed. Check /var/log/syslog or see virtual console  4 for the details." with an option continue or go back, both resulting in a failure to install.    As well as this one:

"Debootstrap warning. Warning: file:///cdrom/pool/main/e/exim4-config_4.69-9+lenny4_all.deb was corrupt."  with the same options as the other error message.

How can I fix this for a successful install?

Thanks for all help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

The new modem fixed issues 1 and 2. I still need help figuring out the issue with my Untangle server.

Ok so I'm having a few different problems and didn't know exactly where to put them so I figured Networking would generally cover all of them.

Issue 1: I am having issues being disconnected from my ISP rented modem constantly, I have 2 desktops running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Windows 8 hard lined with ethernet through a brand new treadnet switch. I have ran tracert and ping tests without help, resetting the winsock setting, directly connecting to the modem and recieving assistance from techs from my ISP  (Bright House) I recently purchased a new modem from Best Buy hoping it may help and is in the process of having the connection changed over to it. Any tips?

Issue 2: On the same two desktops mentioned before, I cannot connect to yahoo or my ISP email service, it refreshes back to the login page with no error message after hitting login. Also, when trying to order on Amazon or Newegg or making lists on PCpartpicker.com when I add a part or item to the cart/list it either dissapears with an empty list/cart or says to enable cookies to continue which are already enabled. I have tried this in multiple browsers and both computers and get the same thing. I can connect to the ISP mail with the Windows 8 desktop when connected via WiFi but the others still don't function properly. My laptop running Linux Mint and my Android devices have no issue with any of it. Also, when I tried logging in to this site on the desktops it wouldn't keep me signed it after submitting my credentials correctly. This has been baffling Senior techs from Bright House for a month now. Any suggestions, this is another reason for trying the new modem.

Issue 3: I have been building an Untangle server to act as a bridge between my modem and the switch. I have all the parts needed and tried installing the OS when I ran into a few errors on the step called "Install base system" or something similar. The errors read as follows:

"Failed to install the base system. The base system installation into /target/ failed. Check /var/log/syslog or see virtual console  4 for the details." with an option continue or go back, both resulting in a failure to install.    As well as this one:

"Debootstrap warning. Warning: file:///cdrom/pool/main/e/exim4-config_4.69-9+lenny4_all.deb was corrupt."  with the same options as the other error message.

How can I fix this for a successful install?

Thanks for all help in advance.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Looks like a bad install file. Get another copy.

I've had this on Debian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users