Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I share files between my xp machine and my windows 7 machine?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

So yeah I just got my xp machine up and running and I decided to try and set up file and printer sharing however once I installed it in xp I accidently uninstalled it and now I can't seem to reinstall it. If someone could walk me through the steps on how to fix this I would really appreciate it

So after screwing around with a few things and like I said before accidently uninstalled microsoft file and printer sharing from the network apdater it seems I am missing the server service.

Edited by hamluis, 15 July 2013 - 12:33 PM.
Merged posts - Hamluis.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1/ht/client4msnet.htm
Do similarly for file and printer sharing.

Oh and why 2 threads?

#3 Allen

Allen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well because at first I thought it was a simple issue but then I noticed I was missing the Server service.

When attempting to install the Client for Microsoft Networks I get this warning

"Windows was unable to find any drivers for this device.
If you have a disk that contains the updated, driver or you wish to search in another location, click OK."

EDIT
After messing around with it for about a few hours I finally got it to work.

Edited by hamluis, 15 July 2013 - 12:34 PM.
Merged posts - Hamluis.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#4 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

What did you have to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users