Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

Confused a little on the back of my sound card I got 6 jacks.

An orange = sub and center
A black = rear speakers
A green = front speakers
A pink = microphone
A blue = Line In

but then beside that I have a white one. My sound card didn't come with any documentation but the little info that I have found it says something like digital out.

BTW my sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

My last card had a white plug and it was for the headphones. You will need the card's custom software to seperate the speaker's sound control from the headphones.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:07 PM

I believe the white connector is described as "Digital I/O (for stereo SPDIF output to Digital I/O Module". SPDIF can be, apparently, either optical or copper. I'm not familiar with SPDIF but I think this signal is a digital composite of all the individual channels which a surround sound receiver can decode and output to speakers.

There appears to be different kinds of Audigy 2 cards out there - an exact model number would help a lot. Does it look like this Audigy 2 Value model ?

Edited by pascor22234, 18 April 2006 - 10:08 PM.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:55 AM

Yup the value

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users