Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there an alternative to Hitman Pro? (Can't activate free 30 days)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kewpy

Kewpy

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Is there an alternative to Hitman Pro? I'm working on a friend's computer, and the option for 30 day free trial isn't available. It's possible that because it's his work computer that it believes it to be on a domain, but I have it here at home, so I'm not sure. ( The EULA states that business users MUST purchase a license)

I'm trying to get rid of what I think is the Zero Access Surefef Rootkit, as Windows defender can't be turned on and consequently, it won't allow ANY downloads in I.E.10, When downloading anything, it terminates and says the file has a virus and was deleted. The machine also had AVG Antivirus, which also sometimes causes that, but I've removed it. (Chrome allows downloading, but only after a registry change affecting attachments)

Hitman Pro does finds Window defender "redirects", plus a folder in the "recyler" folder that has a trojan, but obviously I can't remove or fix anything without either the free 30 day trial or purchasing the product. And until Windows defender can start again, downloading in IE10 is not possible.

So, is there a workaround or a product as good as Hitman Pro? (For Win 7 64 bit)

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kewpy

Kewpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

MBAR worked, got them all.

You can close this topic.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,039 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Thank you!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users