Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ESET Endpoint Antivirus (v.5.0.x) - BSOD'ing WinXP?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 th3fall3n777

th3fall3n777

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has any experiences with using ESET's business edition product, ESET Endpoint Antivirus on Windows XP computers and finding that the computer periodically BSOD's? 

I'm not bashing the product, it does a fine job, but I have about a half a dozen computers that I have received reports on that were Blue Screening running this product - subsequent debugging always show that the Blue Screen is occurring upon failure of the ekrn (ESET kernel) driver or Ehdrv driver. 

I'm trying to find a common threat between these machines - in all fairness the ESET Remote Admin system I administer has about 1200 endpoints checking in, so having only a half dozen doing this is good, comparatively, but it's happening frequently enough.

Any thoughts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hi -

Blue screen error (BSOD) on notebook/laptop computers after installing ESET Endpoint products (5.x)
This may help you as it was a known problem, May 31, 2013 (from ESET KB pages)

A solution is listed on their pages -

Thanks -

#3 th3fall3n777

th3fall3n777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Excellent!  Thank you for linking this - you have no idea how much of a headache you just saved me (lets just say that if this was a problem, and there was no fix, I was going to be spending the next several weeks making a certain change at work).

Thank you

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I hope we did help a little bit   :wizardball:

You are welcome to any advice that we can find  -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users