Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall of AD damaged accounts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chuck4100

chuck4100

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

Hello, I had setup a server with WinServ 2012 and later installed Active Directory. As it happened i really didn't nee AD installed and my server decided it wanted to run slow after a month of just sitting there and i came to the bright idea of removing server roles. Once i took out AD however, It completely redid all user accounts and settings, including the built administrator account. The original account directory was ... administrator, now its administrator.server (server is the computer name). i can find no way to reset back to my previous account with all the appropriate startups and such, i went into CP>system>advanced tab>userprofiles and it shows the prior account as unknown, i deleted the 'new' admin account there but it resets itself when logging into it.

What i want to do> make the original admin account, the built in admin account once again with all the installed nonsence and desktop/startups.

I would like to avoid> a full reset.

Thanks for any advice and please, if additional clarity is required, ask and ill deliver asap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Is the server still a domain controller? Is it the only domain controller?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Same thing happened to me as well.  I installed AD as an experiment and then uninstalled it shortly afterward.  I removed it like it was the last domain controller, and now I have that weird Administrator.Server notation for the administrator account as well. 

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users