Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recover Windows 7 password?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 foreverterra

foreverterra

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

My cousin recently encountered a problem with a virus. This virus takes complete control of your computer in normal mode. So, I knew that I had to get it into safe mode with networking... Then I could either go online and look for the answer, or try to find some help. But my cousin completely forgot their password for their login. I definitely can't attempt to do anything while stuck at the logon screen. I thought about maybe using a software from online on a SanDisk I have available. But then I figured it would be a better idea to try looking for some help here. If there is anything that can be done, please let me know. Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 14 July 2013 - 06:20 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis. << As the topic was placed here by a senior Moderator, it was considered OK.

If you have access to a working computer, your first search should be GOOGLE for password tools.

There are several legal sites and methods on how to recover the password, but Never use a Torrent Download site.

Can I ask what your cousin would have done if the computer was not infected, and they just wanted Normal use of it ??

Next : Is the computer known to be infected with a particular infection : E.G. FBI Virus or similar ?

If so there are a few Self Help topics on this site to enable you to remove it -

Do they have an Original or Reinstall DVD for the computer, and what Make and Model is it ??

Thank You -

#4 foreverterra

foreverterra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

They normally use flash sites to play shockwave and flash games. And told me that they had clicked on some advertisements. & The virus I saw on the computer was a FBI money gram. I also do not have the original or reinstall cd available. Their computer is a Dell laptop, less then 2 years old.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

Along the top line of this area you will see a series of sub-topics, one of them is Virus Removal.

If you do not see this then click on the tab marked More and it will show up.

Look at the list of about 10 topics that are there (click on pictures for bigger views) and, do you see the one that was there ??

If you see it, please tell me the name listed with it so I know the one -

Thanks -

#6 foreverterra

foreverterra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

I still haven't been able to gain access to the infected computer. I attempted to burn an ISO of PC login now using Roxio, but I'm afraid I'm not doing something correctly. I know the infection is one of the ransom ware, just not sure which specific one at the moment.

Edited by foreverterra, 15 July 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Thats OK -
I know many of them look almost the same, but they are all just infections that can be removed.

Use GOOGLE (in my Signature) to find directions for how to get the password, unless they can get into Safe Mode ??

Thanks -

#8 foreverterra

foreverterra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Safe mode is still possible, but requires a password on prompt as well.

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hi -
Is there any way that you can show a photo of what is on the screen and show us ??
Otherwise we need to have your cousin to help you to identify the particular infection from the range I showed you -
This Version is one of the latest to infect most computers in the way you describe.
Can you please either help them replace the password, or have them identify the infection.
Then we can get more work done on the computer -

Thank You -

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Please read these links as they may help you -

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft for Windows 7 and Vista:

#11 foreverterra

foreverterra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

http://oi44.tinypic.com/dgpx2.jpg

This is from the standard user. It says united states department of justice - green dot money pak. And were unable to access the admin due to not being able to get past the password.

#12 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hi. A bit of reasonably good news -

This Is Your Infection

Please print out these instructions as we will need to perform most of these steps on the infected computer. You will also need a USB drive, which will have all of its data erased and will then be formatted. Therefore, only use a USB drive that does not contain any data that you need. This USB drive must also have a size of at least 32 MB.

Please fully read the listed instructions with much care. You can get over this infection with a little bit of work -

Thanks for the shot -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users