Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cut/copy/paste not working!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 randomystique

randomystique

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

my desktop has been acting weird lately - whenever i use my shortcuts (ctrl+x/c/v) in windows explorer, it fails to copy/paste the files. i tried the right click method and it's the same as well. the only way i could move things was to drag and drop from one folder to another.

when it does work, the copy function acts weirdly too. for instance, when i copy file A from C:\ to E:\, it ALWAYS copies file A + EVERYTHING in F:\Downloads to E:! 

any idea how i can fix this? 

Thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Did you try system restore to some date before it happened?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

my desktop has been acting weird lately - whenever i use my shortcuts (ctrl+x/c/v) in windows explorer, it fails to copy/paste the files. i tried the right click method and it's the same as well. the only way i could move things was to drag and drop from one folder to another.

when it does work, the copy function acts weirdly too. for instance, when i copy file A from C:\ to E:\, it ALWAYS copies file A + EVERYTHING in F:\Downloads to E:! 

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!

I'd consider trying a different keyboard. If you've got a keyboard that's failing, you can get some random codes generated that can cause pretty weird results with routine operations. So, let's say you have a keyboard that sometimes generates a CTRL code, and you happen to be doing some routine task with the mouse, the result won't be what you expect. Of course if your CTRL keys aren't working at all, many of your keyboard shortcuts won't work correctly.

Edited by slgrieb, 17 July 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

#4 randomystique

randomystique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

hi, it's definitely not a keyboard issue. already tried. 

don't have a system restore image cos there are more cons than pros to using it. 

any other alternative solutions please?

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

What's wrong with system restore?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Did you try to restart the operating system? Sometimes, this problem may occur on software conflict, or the keys conflict. After your restart, if it still happens, I suggest you to try system restore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users