Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost my e-mails off Windows 7 Live mail 2011

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 retiredhoghead

retiredhoghead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

First of all, let me explain...I am as dumb as a post concerning computers.  Can turn them on, get on craigslist and send e-mails and that is about it!!  So bear with me...After really bad service with Frontier, internet down 4 days in a row over the Fourth, I went with a new provider.  In setting up my new e-mail account, i just blindly followed his instructions and got a new account but permanently lost all my old e-mails.

I googled the question...How to retrieve e-mails from a windows 7 live mail 2011 and there was a helpful page explaining how it is done..helpful to those who understand computers, with me...not so much.

Here is what was given...."Shut down Livemail 2011,  then go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft   right click on windows live mail folder and choose "restore previous sessions". choose date.

OK, can anyone walk me through this?  When it says go to...where am I going and how do I get there?  What is my username, is it my e-mail address or my real name ?  Is this info stored in my computer somewhere?  A friend oif mine got my computer started for me years ago but to him it was so fast and simple I don't know what he did and I moved and he has too and no phone number to contact him.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users