Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 uninstall issue: mouse and keyboard won't work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andrewset

andrewset

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hello,

I have the problem where after uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and restarting the computer, the mouse and keyboard both don't work, as mentioned here http://support.kaspersky.com/9241# but my problem is that since both the mouse and keyboard don't work, I don't know how one is supposed to even handle the steps outlined there. For example, I passed "Step 1: Create the Rescue Disk", but I don't know how to do "Step 2: Start the Rescue Disk" because it mentions pressing a key, but no keys can be pressed in this scenario. I'm using Windows 8, which is infamous for being unable to utilize boot disks and boot USB flash drives. And I downloaded Windows 8 as an upgrade from Windows 7, so I don't have a physical Windows 8 disk, nor know anyone else with Windows 8, if Windows 8 would even recognize that disk when booting in the first place, that is. What to do to get the keyboard and mouse working again? I'm currently using an old laptop to type this.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

Hi

Please post the exact model number of your PC or Laptop. We can refer the user manual for instructions to change the boot order.

#3 andrewset

andrewset
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

I fixed it!! To anyone this may aid, including to aid anyone aiding others, what I did was that since I read somewhere that Windows 8 doesn't do a 'full shutdown' normally (unless you hold Shift when you click Shutdown), and since boot options don't appear unless Windows 8 is coming from a full shutdown, what I did was instead of pressing the usual power button for another attempt at fixing this, which results only in the steady part shutdown (Windows 8 does this to speed up startup times, like hibernation) I instead pulled out the power plug from behind the machine while it was still on. When I plugged it back in, bam, it gave me the visual cues that allowed me to go into the BIOS to affect boot options, as well as boot from disc. Problem solved.

My PC model is: Acer Aspire M3985

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

HI

Glad to know that the issue is resolved Thanks for reporting the solution   :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users