Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LTre

LTre

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I will be starting a new job from home next week, I can only use Internet Explorer. The Company gives me a web site for training, but internet explorer will not open that site. it gives a message " Internet Explorer has stopped working."  Would you please help.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hi LTre,

Unfortunately there can be many reasons why IE is not responding.

First, scan for malware. Then I would begin trying to isolate the problem. You can begin with doing system file checker. It will scan for any corrupt files and attempt to fix them.

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Search box.
  2. In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. You may be prompted to type the password for an administrator account.
  3. Click Continue if you are the administrator or type the administrator password and then, click Continue.
  4. At the command prompt, type Sfc /scannow and then press ENTER. ( notice space between 'c' and '/ ' .)

The scan may take some time, so be patient. Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that are found. If information from the installation CD is needed to repair the problem, you may be prompted to insert your Windows CD.

Edited by sikntired, 13 July 2013 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users