Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need avice on buying a external hard drive...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clutch450

Clutch450

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Not sure if i'm putting this in the right place, but if it isn't will a mod/admin please move it. I'm kinda looking for some advice on buying a  external hardrive. The hard drives i'm looking at are these two:

Western Digital My Book 2TB

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041OSQBG

Seagate Back up Plus 2TB

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backup-Desktop-External-STCA3000101/dp/B00829THQE

These two hard drives are within my price range and i was planning on buying one of them from a local sore instead of off Amazon because i want to see if i can find one of them at a better deal I plan on using it to back up music and other files (pdf, cbr, a few old iso's and some other stuff) Now i don't have much experience in buying external drives, but which is a better choice? I've heard some things about Seagate drives failing a lot, but some people say the same stuff abut WD. Are either one a good choice? Is there something specific i should be looking out for such as which brand has a better warranty? Also what is your experience with either of these drive(or brands)?

Thank you in advance for any help provided!

Edited by Clutch450, 12 July 2013 - 05:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Western Digital 2TB My Passport USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (Black) - $122.90

It's small. I carry one in my back pocket.

#3 Clutch450

Clutch450
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

I was thinking about one of those too. How  long have you had yours and have you had any issues?

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Going on 2 years, no issues whatsoever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users