Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

password problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wenann

wenann

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

i don't know much about computers. i have a gateway tower with windows 7, it is password protected and i don't know the password and do not have any disks to help. i have tries to download programs that claim to help restore or reset the password but nothing has worked. does anybody know how i can get into this computer? i tried booting in safe mode but it still asks for the password it doesn't go to the administrator account, im not sure there even is one.   please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hi wenann,

I sympathize with you situation. However " Forum Rules " state: No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

You might try googling

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

This may help :

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/f/forgot-password-windows-7.htm

Their final suggestion is that the only way out may be to do a complete re-install of Windows. I've done it twice. The first time I blew through the password using a software tool, the second time the owner managed to find the piece of paper with his password on it !

Good luck,

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#4 wenann

wenann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

i understand  its just so frustrating to keep trying passwords that my mom thinks  might be it   haha maybe i can find a local computer place to wipe it out and start over 

thank you

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

What is the model number of your Gateway?

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

We sympathize with your situation. Though your question about passwords is most likely legitimate, there are those who would pretend to need such assistance in order to gain unauthorized access to a computer not owned by them. We have no way of confirming ownership or if someone is being truthful with us. As such we don't provide step by step instructions but we certainly can help you find the information you seek.

This article describes the Microsoft policy about missing, lost, forgotten, or incorrect passwords...Microsoft support engineers cannot help you retrieve passwords of files and features in Microsoft products that are lost or forgotten.

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

However, you may refer to these Microsoft articles.

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft for Windows 7 and Vista:Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Articles for Windows 7:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users