Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I believe i was keylogged, but not sure how

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 urbanmenace

urbanmenace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hello guys so im new here, found this site from searching on google

So I use D2jsp.org (if posting sites is not allowed sorry) and its a site used for online trading for many different games it uses a currency of FG (Forum gold, its used to trade for items and vice versa)

I play D2, D3, and marvel heroes at the moment

About a week ago I logged onto jsp and seen all my FG was gone, someone was able to log onto my account and send it to there account, I opened a support ticket and they said hes been getting a lot of people lately hes locked now

He took my FG but did nothing to any of my games or my Hotmail (also I pay bills online)

This left me confused because I don't do anything that's harmful to my computer (worse I do is go to projectfreetv to watch dexter)

I have windows 7

and use

Microsoft security essentials

malwarebytes

Im just paranoid that ive been keylogged somehow and I do alot of stuff on my computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jkostar

jkostar

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hello,

Just because this person was able to log into your account doe not mean necessary your pc was infected, but it also does not mean that it is clean for sure either. There are many ways to get access to almost any online account, brute force attacks are still pretty popular, and there are password cracking utilities that can literately crack any 8 digit or fewer password in only a few hours. I am not saying anything about you specifically, but a large majority of people also use the same password for multiple accounts, so if any other account ( email, or any online account of any kind) was compromised, that is another way to obtain a password fairly easily. there are multiple password applications that are very secure (keepass is great) 

http://keepass.info/download.html

that will also help keep online accounts safe.

having said all that, i would also suggest running a full antivirus scan, and posting any results in the am I infected forum.

#3 jkostar

jkostar

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Also, I will include an interesting article about this topic just for S&G. ( $hit and giggles) Wort a read though, and pretty short.

http://lifehacker.com/5505400/how-id-hack-your-weak-passwords

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users