Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Page not loading right

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 carinsharon

carinsharon

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Specifically a Yahoo Web page on my laptop.  I am using windows 8. What I am getting is nothing but a bunch of blue underlined links.  I am only having problems with this laptop.  I really need this page to show up right for me.  Can someone please help me figure this out before I end up bald??  LOL.. Besides it really hurts when I pull my hair.

Thank you for any help you can give me,

CarinSharon

Edited by carinsharon, 12 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Does the same thing happen with a different browser?

Can you post a link to the problem page?

Edited by SpywareDoc, 12 July 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#3 carinsharon

carinsharon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Here is the link to the page:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Heavenly_Inspirations/?yguid=252959233

CarinSharon

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

That Yahoo page looks fine here in IE10 on Win8. Have you tried resetting IE10?

In IE10 click Tools > Internet options. If you don't see "Tools", tap the [Alt] key to temporarily display IE's Menu, then click Tools > Internet Options.

Click the "Advanced" tab, then the "Restore advanced settings" button, then the "Reset..." button, then "Reset" again, then "Close".

Restart your computer, open IE and then see if http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Heavenly_Inspirations/?yguid=252959233 looks okay now.

Let us know ...

#5 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm running Win8 on my primary office computer, and the page displays fine in both IE 10 and Chrome 28. In any case, this clearly isn't a Windows 8 issue, per se. Hopefully SpywareDocs suggestion will work for you, but he makes a good point that it's always informative to compare a page that isn't loading correctly in a second browser.

Another useful tool is to try running your browser with no add-ons or plugins. The method differs between browsers and even your OS, but in Windows 8 you can run IE with no add-ons from a Command Prompt. From the Start Screen, type cmd and press ENTER. This should open a command prompt window where you will need to type "c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff then press ENTER. 

The command string isn't case sensitive, but you have to include the quotation marks, and you also need to include a space in "program files" and "internet explorer" as well as a space between the closed quotation mark and "-extoff" in the command string. This will open Internet Explorer with no add-ons. If the page displays correctly, then one of your add-ons is the culprit, and you will need to use IE's Manage Add-ons option in the Tools menu to find and kill the offender.

Edited by slgrieb, 13 July 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users