Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with reseting partitions with MiniTool Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Patrick Colyn

Patrick Colyn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

HI all,

Some help would be really appreciated.

My Father and I tried to get dual boot running on my PC with Windows 7 and XP. We used MiniTool to partition drive C, making drive G. Then we did a whole bunch of stuff we don't remember and ended up with an NTLRD error.

We fixed it by following this video: youtube.com/watch?v=KzKynn8mL8Q

Now we have this mess with the partitions and we can't put them together again, at least without killing our computer.

Sorry for it being so large

I would like to merge G with C and set C to Boot. Some of the options for C are greyed out. I am using MiniTool 7 Technical Edition.

jvtgr3h2xhmprcvfg.jpg?size_id=6

a5ub2352haupgacfg.jpg?size_id=6

49e3dd2aakjj3c1fg.jpg?size_id=6

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi

That is a nice mess up ! . G drive is the currently active boot partition and any modification attempt to it may render the system unbootable. Either leave it untouched or clean install the OS is the only way i can think. May be some one other more knowledgeable than me have a better solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users