Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any way to lock my brother out of my phone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hi. I have a Samsung Galaxy Gio for some years now and  problem I got is my 4 years old brother trying to access it.

What I have tried now:

1.Set a password > Ended up in permanently lock because his random password input. Need to reformat firmware.

2.Hide > Wake up late because I not hear the alarm.

3.Give him a cheap tablet > He thrown it at the floor after about 1 year, and said he want to play Galaxy Note.

Is there any program or something that can make me lock the phone without any lock.(Just put password again and again but not have to enter the email & password of google account because 90% ended up in cannot unlock.)

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ubernoober13

Ubernoober13

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'm  not sure if the Samsung Galaxy Gio has it but the my phone has a face recongnition and my brother who looks very similar to me can't even get in.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Alarm clocks are still available in many sizes, shapes, various power options, etc.

Cheap, too.

Get bro a set of drums to play with...an alarm clock for you...everyone is happy.. :devil:

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Search here; "https://play.google.com/store"

Search here; "http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1404"

I'm sure you'll find an app that you like but until then keep the phone with you and tell him "no".

#5 hellen01

hellen01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

oh face detector is the best and very sensitive ! you should try that and that galaxy gio has this option, else download "locking you phone" app from android store ! 

#6 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

OK thanks everyone now I got a application to lock it without any problem with permanent lock! Thank you for all your helps!

Edit: My bro just formatted my mom's Phone SD card!

Edited by Sirawit, 18 July 2013 - 07:22 AM.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#7 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Excellent! :thumbsup:    But I think your "bro" needs a kick in the a$$.

Good luck and keep your phone with you!

Zen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users