Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange problem with browsers: random crossbrowser hanging, crashing and issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vervloekt

vervloekt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

Hello there!

I am new to these forums. Also, I'm kind of a computer-n00b. And English is not my native tongue, so please excuse me for any mistakes. Thanks in advance.

I have this problem with browsers:

For a reason unknown to me, my browsers sometimes flip and crash while trying to load -any- website. Sometimes, after minutes of loading, they are able to get to Google.com but mostly I just force-close them because I can do nothing in the browser-windows as long as they are loading. This problem occurs in the latest versions of Internet Explorer (and IE9 aswel), Chrome and Firefox, but in Safari nothing has ever gone wrong. I am, because of this, sometimes forced to use Safari exclusively in order to access websites. Please take into account that mail clients, Skype, you name it, still have perfectly fine access to internet. So I am online. I also checked my internet speed at times of trouble, but it does not really drop below 80mbs for downloading. Please take into account aswel that this problem can occur at any time without me really doing anything, and can suddenly be solved at any time without me doing anything. Sometimes days go by without problems at all, and sometimes I cannot use these browsers for hours.

What I have tried without success:

- reinstalling my browsers and updating them to the latest version

- resetting Internet Explorer using the Microsoft program for that

- resetting internet safety settings

- disabling hardware acceleration in browser settings

- making sure no proxies are used and LAN-settings are detected automatically

- trying to get to a previous restore point, which has no use because for some reason I have no restore points from the time when all was well

- reset modem and checked cables several times

- turning off Windows firewall

- running CCleaner for register cleanup

- trying to make sense of the Event Viewer program, where there are a lot of crashes visible, but I just don't understand all that

- scanning for malware by using Windows Defender, Spybot and Malwarebytes

- typing the following in cmd using administrator permissions, which was all successfully executed, but did not seem to fix the problem:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset catalog
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
regsvr32 softpub.dll
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR

Crashing on closing in Internet Explorer specifically:

In Internet Explorer, I have other issues which may be related and which I cannot fix. Whenever I close the browser completely, I get the errormessage that the browser has crashed. Always. Details for this are added below:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE
  Application Version: 10.0.9200.16576
  Application Timestamp: 515e31c3
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_ec6b
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Code: c0000096
  Exception Offset: 00000000023d24bc
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 1043
  Additional Information 1: ec6b
  Additional Information 2: ec6b08ea5c8a166b539fdd56a3798689
  Additional Information 3: 6edc
  Additional Information 4: 6edcc54d1ca9827ebdc3a0e46195cf7b

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Problems with websites in Internet Explorer specifically:

Furthermore, some things just do not work in Internet Explorer at all on websites. Such as comments on YouTube.com, which are always disabled for every video, and such as logging in on Hotmail.com, which just keeps taking me back to the loginpage after successfully entering the correct information.

Please help me...

I just find this highly annoying and because I often work on this computer professionally, it really bothers me. Nobody seems to know what is causing my problems and a complete format of my computer is not an option. I really hope you can help me. I would really appreciate any time or effort a lot.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Regarding IE, best place to start is probably here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-10

If you've already tried these steps, you may have bigger issues. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/windows-7-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working/376088be-8783-4c32-9ee8-a6763b01c7ef

The use of registry cleaners is NOT recommended. They aren't supported by Microsoft, and can often change registry values based on what the software vendor believes the proper registry setting should be. Registry settings can vary based on hardware, OS, and what drivers/services/applications are installed that may refer to that registry key. CCleaner is a fine program for deleting unwanted files, but it's usefulness as a registry cleaner is debateable. In fact, this could be the root of your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users