I am new to these forums. Also, I'm kind of a computer-n00b. And English is not my native tongue, so please excuse me for any mistakes. Thanks in advance.
I have this problem with browsers:
For a reason unknown to me, my browsers sometimes flip and crash while trying to load -any- website. Sometimes, after minutes of loading, they are able to get to Google.com but mostly I just force-close them because I can do nothing in the browser-windows as long as they are loading. This problem occurs in the latest versions of Internet Explorer (and IE9 aswel), Chrome and Firefox, but in Safari nothing has ever gone wrong. I am, because of this, sometimes forced to use Safari exclusively in order to access websites. Please take into account that mail clients, Skype, you name it, still have perfectly fine access to internet. So I am online. I also checked my internet speed at times of trouble, but it does not really drop below 80mbs for downloading. Please take into account aswel that this problem can occur at any time without me really doing anything, and can suddenly be solved at any time without me doing anything. Sometimes days go by without problems at all, and sometimes I cannot use these browsers for hours.
What I have tried without success:
- reinstalling my browsers and updating them to the latest version
- resetting Internet Explorer using the Microsoft program for that
- resetting internet safety settings
- disabling hardware acceleration in browser settings
- making sure no proxies are used and LAN-settings are detected automatically
- trying to get to a previous restore point, which has no use because for some reason I have no restore points from the time when all was well
- reset modem and checked cables several times
- turning off Windows firewall
- running CCleaner for register cleanup
- trying to make sense of the Event Viewer program, where there are a lot of crashes visible, but I just don't understand all that
- scanning for malware by using Windows Defender, Spybot and Malwarebytes
- typing the following in cmd using administrator permissions, which was all successfully executed, but did not seem to fix the problem:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt netsh winsock reset catalog ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew regsvr32 softpub.dll nbtstat -R nbtstat -RR
Crashing on closing in Internet Explorer specifically:
In Internet Explorer, I have other issues which may be related and which I cannot fix. Whenever I close the browser completely, I get the errormessage that the browser has crashed. Always. Details for this are added below:
Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE Application Version: 10.0.9200.16576 Application Timestamp: 515e31c3 Fault Module Name: StackHash_ec6b Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000096 Exception Offset: 00000000023d24bc OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1043 Additional Information 1: ec6b Additional Information 2: ec6b08ea5c8a166b539fdd56a3798689 Additional Information 3: 6edc Additional Information 4: 6edcc54d1ca9827ebdc3a0e46195cf7b Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Problems with websites in Internet Explorer specifically:
Furthermore, some things just do not work in Internet Explorer at all on websites. Such as comments on YouTube.com, which are always disabled for every video, and such as logging in on Hotmail.com, which just keeps taking me back to the loginpage after successfully entering the correct information.
Please help me...
I just find this highly annoying and because I often work on this computer professionally, it really bothers me. Nobody seems to know what is causing my problems and a complete format of my computer is not an option. I really hope you can help me. I would really appreciate any time or effort a lot.
Thanks in advance!