Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Westell 7500 bridge?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 emmagator

emmagator

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Just recieved a new Westell 7500 wireless/router combo from Centurylink. My gaming consoles(ps3 and Xbox360) and TV's are not detecting the new router/modem, but my HP printer does and my Android phone does. Aslo i cant acess my router/modem with 192.168.1.1, it changed to 10.0.0.1. Any ideas? I was thinking about bridging my westell 7500 and using just as a modem and using my Belkin n+ as my wireless router, but can get this to work. I bridge the Westell, is there something i need to do on the Belkin N+ router? I dont care which route i go, i just want my TV and gaming systems to detect my wireless. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Can your gaming systems even detect the wireless signal?

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 emmagator

emmagator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Can your gaming systems even detect the wireless signal?

No!

#4 emmagator

emmagator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Its wierd. On of my tvs detects the wireless signal, my printer detects the wireless signal, and one of my other tvs detects the signal sometimes, but no always. The ps3 and xbox360 have never detected the signal. I had no problems with my old Belkin N+ router.

Edited by emmagator, 13 July 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

wirelesseasy07.gifIn the ps3 wireless setup what networks or ssid's does it show?

Edited by Sneakycyber, 13 July 2013 - 11:19 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 emmagator

emmagator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

wirelesseasy07.gifIn the ps3 wireless setup what networks or ssid's does it

Well it finally "kinda" worked today. I reset my modem and checked, the 3 devices, my ps3, xbox and 2nd tv were detecting the wireless signal. Then i came back later today and those same 3 devices were not detecting signal again, but all my other devices were. So i reset my modem again, and then all my devices devices detected the signal. I tried this several times today, and the 3 devices ive been having trouble with will lose the signal, then only detect it again after i reset the modem, my other tv, printer have not problem with detecting the signal. Im at a loss!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users