Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is this the full cd for windows xp home edition or is it just to upgrade your xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

the titles are misleading and don't understand:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Windows-XP-Home-Edition-Upgrade-w-SP-2-COA-Product-Key-Code-READ-L-K-/181173919605?pt=US_Operating_Systems_Software&hash=item2a2ece9f75

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

That is an upgrade cd to upgrade windows 98/2000 to windows XP home edition service 2. It is NOT a full installation CD, you must already have either windows 98 or 2000 already installed with a valid COA to be able to use this. Though, since windows XP will be discontind in early 2014, I think it best that you go for something like either a full install DVD of Windows vista sp2 or windows 7 sp1 if your budget can handle it.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

Before you upgrade to Vista or Windows 7 you need to make sure your system can handle it.

Microsoft has tools which will analyze your computer to see if it will handle either of them.

Vista upgrade advisor

Windows 7 upgrade advisor

#4 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

would this work?:

windows vista

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Vista-Ultimate-VERSION/dp/B000HCTYTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373673528&sr=8-1&keywords=windows+vista+full+version

windows 7

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-32bit-System-Builder/dp/B004Q0T10A/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1373673788&sr=1-1&keywords=windows+7+32+bit+home+premium

i'll use those advisors thanks

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 12 July 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#5 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Both of those would work, how much ram do you have and what is your CPU? Windows 7 32bit requires at least 2gb ram, and a pentium 4. The preferred setup is a core 2 duo and 4gb of ram for 32bit.

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users