Okay, I am not sure where to start with this.
Computer is a HP model p6510f.
About 6 months ago (after owning for almost 2 years), I got a BSOD and could barely get the computer to start up. After a lot of work, boot discs, etc I was able to save some files. I thought (and friends agreed) the hard drive failed.
So I replaced it and while in the process, added 2 more sticks of 2GB RAM for 2x2x2x2. I did a fresh install of Win7 as well from ISO discs I downloaded (I think) from here or a link from here.
Well, for the past 4-6 months...I get BSOD many times a day, depending on usage. I have very little installed on the computer: MSE, MSOffice, Adobe Creative Suite, Malwarebytes, Spotify, uTorrent and Chrome.
I have tried everything I can think of:
- remove 2 new sticks of memory
- another fresh install of Win7
- reinstall and install Chrome, Microsoft Security Essentials
- updated BIOS from HP
I get multiple different BSOD errors as well...although I haven't recorded them all. Not only that, but sometimes the computer acts differently after a BSOD:
(these are all individual different scenarios that happen- never the same for some reason)
1. boot up just fine
2. pc turns on but doesn't activate monitor
3. pc turns on and so does monitor, but no display...only a light beep every 4-5 seconds
4. a message that the "bootmgr has failed"
5. boot up then BSOD after a few minutes
6. asks me to try System Repair, which doesn't work...although a chdsk /r from CMD option has got me going a couple of times when all seemed lost
7. a combination of the 6
I am going crazy at this point and have no clue what to do. I would consider myself pretty advanced on computers so I am willing to try anything you guys on here want to throw at me.
Thanks for any help!
Edited by SeaSpur, 11 July 2013 - 06:03 PM.