Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

atheros pcie controller in windows 7 laptop not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

ever since yesterday when i tried to install an online game called forsaken world and then decided to cancel it part way through because it took too long and froze my laptop to where i had to do a hard shut down to get it to restart. It has been running slow since then and I am getting a black screen after the main boot screen when i try to go into safe mode to fix any issues that says:

Intel UNDI, PXE -2.0(build 083)

For Atheros  PCIE controller v2.0.1.9 (12/15/09)

check cable connection
PXE-MOF: exiting Intel PXE rom

no bootable device detected -- insert boot disk and press any key.

I am writing this from my XP desk top. Is it possible the network card or cable on the inside has become unplugged. if so how do i go about fixing this? A

also since this computer was bought from walmart there was not any disks that came with . so i cannot do a clean install of 7.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

before this happened i noticed the laptop was over heating and running slower than usual. it started up fine yesterday and earlier today but now it won't go past that screen. oh and my computer is a toshiba l655 s5146. with 4 gb ram and a 1.27 ghz processor.

Edited by Dragonlady24, 12 July 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#3 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

I have created a boot disc from another windows 7 computer. the computer boots from the disc and but windows 7 is not recognized.  

please close this topic. ill be going elsewhere for help on this issue.

Edited by Dragonlady24, 13 July 2013 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users