Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skype without ads?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lishy

Lishy

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Is there any way to get rid of ads in Skype? I'm using the latest version and set my privacy settings not to use targeted ads, however I still get ads on the skype "homepage" (of the program itself.) Is there a list of Hosts they use, that I can manually block inside my Hosts file? Or is there some fee I can pay for a "pro" version of skype, which doesn't have these ads? Maybe someone knows the last old version of skype without ads? (At least, without insecure flash-based ones?) I'm looking for any way to get rid of the ads in Skype, including actually paying for the software. Anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

This might be of interest: http://www.yethz.com/more-tips-and-tricks/how-to-removedisable-banners-advertisements-on-skype/1732/

#3 Lishy

Lishy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

sikntired, that is an older version of skype (the one I want to know the version of as well.)

The question I'm asking pertains to the newest version of Skype.

Edited by Lishy, 11 July 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Sorry !

Edited by sikntired, 11 July 2013 - 02:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users