Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection problems for specific domains in IE and Chrome but not in FF

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NickRiviera

NickRiviera

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Hello,

I'm experiencing a very weird problem at my workstation.

I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. and Have Chrome / IE9 and FF22 installed.

I usually work in Chrome but lately it's been acting weird. When I just open the browser for the first minute i can access everything, but after a minute or so, i get connection timeouts for google and hotmail and some facebook image domains. All other domains seem to be working fine. This problem also occurs in IE. However none of this strange behaviour happens in FF.

I've already tried the following:

- Checked Proxy settings in IE, since I know they're shared with Chrome. Nothing strange here, just a direct connection

- Ran ipconfig /flushdns

- Checked DNS settings in Router and in Windows IP4 protocol settings

- Re-installed Chrome

- Ran full antivirus and anti malware scans with help of someone on this forum. Computer is declared clean now

and please note:

- Problem does NOT occur in Safe Mode with networking

Can anyone please assist in solving this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users