Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chris.gatti

chris.gatti

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I seem to have a virus. the file name appears to be visicom_antiphishing.exe. I need to get it gone. What do I do?

I ran avast virus scan and "quarantined" a couple of files. I ran a scan in malwarebytes and it found nothing.

I ran spybot and eset online as well. I let them quarantine anything they found.

Here is a copy of the chat I had most recently:

[15:17] <BC-Guest4559> I seem to have a virus. the file name appears to be visicom_antiphishing.exe. I need to get it gone. What do I do?
[15:18] <script-kitty> am i aloud to give advice?
[15:18] <BC-Guest4559> sure
[15:23] <script-kitty> well i was more asking the mods cuz i dont remember if its ok for a random person to give advice that could potentially be wrong
[15:23] <BC-Guest4559> oh ok
[15:26] <script-kitty> k well i'll prefix my advice by saying i have not actual education on computers just self taught and experience
[15:26] <BC-Guest4559> ok
[15:29] <script-kitty> i would suggest you boot in safe mode, by pressing f8 as the computer is just starting to boot. if you have malwarebytes or spybot-search and destroy, run a scan. dont run multiple scans at the same time. if you dont have those you can run a scan with any anti virus software you do have but its my opinion that those 2 are best.
[15:31] * Parts: Blizzardo1 (Synchronising Channels)
[15:31] * Joins: Blizzardo1
[15:31] <script-kitty> if that still doesnt work you can google the name of the virus and look for other people who have dealt with the virus and how they got rid of it
[15:36] <+cryptodan> BC-Guest4559: what have you tried so far?
[15:39] <script-kitty> cryptodan was my advice ok?
[15:39] <+cryptodan> yes
[15:40] <script-kitty> yay ^_^
[15:42] <BC-Guest4559> I ran avast virus scan and "quarantined" a couple of files. I ran a scan in malwarebytes and it found nothing
[15:42] <script-kitty> i hope i can eventually get official edcuation on computer repair
[15:43] <script-kitty> im interested in coding too and started learning javascript but i havent done it in awhile cuz of other things going on
[15:43] <script-kitty> =p
[15:44] <+cryptodan> did you run a full scan with Malwarebytes?
[15:44] <BC-Guest4559> yes
[15:45] <BC-Guest4559> I am going to be getting ready for church in a bit. Can we continue via email?
[15:45] <+cryptodan> you can do a scan with Eset Online Scanner and see if it finds anything
[15:46] <BC-Guest4559> where do i find this scanner?
[15:46] <+cryptodan> if you want to go that route then post on the forums in the Am I Infected section
[15:46] <+cryptodan> http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/
[15:49] * Parts: havredave
[15:49] <BC-Guest4559> how do I get to "Am I infected"?
[15:50] <BC-Guest4559> and would I still be communicating with you? I really do not wish to keep typing the issue over and over again.
[15:50] <+cryptodan> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
[15:51] <+cryptodan> im not active on the forums, but just type what you have typed here and what you have done and thats that

[15:52] <BC-Guest4559> ok thnx for your help
[15:52] <+cryptodan> you are welcome
[15:52] <+cryptodan> oh and post any available logs as well
[15:54] <+firemaster1337> I'll be back after my walk
[15:55] <BC-Guest4559> logs=copy of this chat?
[15:56] <+cryptodan> malware scan logs like with avast
[15:57] * Quits: firemaster1337 (Ping timeout)
[15:58] <BC-Guest4559> ok thanks
[15:58] <+cryptodan> no problem

my email address is icuheadlightrestore@yahoo.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chris.gatti

chris.gatti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

I also tried the eset online scanner and it found nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users