Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Small Lady01

Small Lady01

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

I just got a sony vaio from a friend of a friend. I glady accpeted it because my motherboard in my regular laptop has a short in it somewhere so until I raise the funds to replace it I wanted to use this one. Well... the laptop is perfect for my needs but she got it from an international student who is no longer in the country. The laptop displays both Chinese and English languages. Thankfully the system files are in English.

Anywho, the reason for this is because I want to factory reset the system. I am a admin on the system but I cannot access the partition for the reset. I tried using the edit boot options (f10) but all I get a input prompt I do not know what to do from there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ [/no execute=optin

partition: 3

hard disk: 75024967

path:/windows/system32/winload.exe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also tried the recovery software but can only revert to a previous point.

Please advise me.

Sys Specs:

Sony Vaio VPCCW21fx

There are three partitions one has no assigned letter. I think this is where that factory reset is located. I have included a screen grab of that.

Attached Files

"When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room."

Woody Allen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

The following may help, https://www.docs.sony.com/Release/VGNT300series_Recoveryguide.pdf .

Louis

#3 Small Lady01

Small Lady01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Thank you but I cannot find the wizard or at least it is not written in english. When I got to the start menu look up and type in the name it says that it cannot find the file.

Is there any specific direction to retrieve it? I tried pushing the "ASSIST" button but it does not respond.

"When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room."

Woody Allen

#4 Small Lady01

Small Lady01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

Sorry as I read on in the guide I see instruction on where to find the recovery. I will try it when I get home. Thanks.

Woody Allen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users