Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes after Login

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 strikewolf42

strikewolf42

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hey all, 

Normally I'm pretty good at solving my own problems, but I've come across something with my computer that I just can't figure out. 

Sometimes when I boot up the computer, it will load and login to Windows just fine. But about 10-20 minutes after, it will just freeze. No warning, no blue screen. And it's not like the processor is under heavy load and it just freezes for a second, I have to force restart it to fix it. The hard drive indicator light is also blank and there are no sounds coming from the hard drive. 

But the weird thing is it doesn't always happen, and if it does, it always happens within the first 10-20 minutes of being on. I have never had it happen after being on for a few days at a time. 

The last entry in the event viewer before the freeze is: "The Multimedia Class Scheduler service entered the stopped state." but that doesn't help because I have the exact same entry in my event log right now and it hasn't crashed.

I'm totally stumped on this, and any help would be appreciated! I don't know what else you might need so if you need me to post anything more then let me know! 

Thanks everyone! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hi strikewolf42

Have you tried going into Device Manager and checking to make sure you have updated drivers?

#3 princessgold

princessgold

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

This is my second attempt to post...computer froze, AGAIN!  Does not matter what site I am on, or if it's firefox or internet explorer...even quicken.  I cannot turn it off except by the power button.  I run windows 7, computer is a 1 yr. old HP.  I have run spyware blaster, spybot, avast, and ccleaner, hoping to solve the problem to no avail.  Does anyone have any idea what to do?

Thanks so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users