Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook Acting Weirdly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lementiv

Lementiv

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

I removed the Privitize VPN virus about a month back with the help of this forum, but recently my Facebook started acting up suspiciously. About two weeks ago, I couldn't log in to my Facebook account, it would just redirect me to an error message, like when a site is usually down. I restarted the browser (I use Chrome, and I tried logging in on other browsers, didn't work) and the computer, but it didn't work. I waited for a while and I could log in eventually, that problem didn't come back. A few hours later I was on another tab, and when I tried to return to the Facebook tab, the computer would just freeze momentarily and stay on the tab that I was on. Everything else would work, including the other tabs, and my programs, but as soon as I clicked on the Facebook tab, my computer would lag out. Closing the tab and opening one again didn't work, only exiting the browser and opening it again did. After that everything was back to normal, and nothing seemed to be wrong with my Facebook. However, every consecutive day so far, the same thing happens at the same time approximately, where the Facebook tab would lag out when I tried to open it, and only that tab. Everything else worked fine. This seems very suspicious and I'm not sure if I have malware on my computer. Yesterday for the first time Chrome put up a pop-up, saying that my Facebook tab had gone unresponsive. This happened when it lagged out at the usual time, and for the previous 8 hours when I was online it worked normally (exact same scenario everyday). I received help from nasdaq and ran all the usual virus detection programs (TDSSKiller, JRT, ESET Online Scanner etc.) but they all said my computer was fine. Could someone help me please? Do any of you know how to solve it or experienced it before? Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lementiv

Lementiv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

These problems also started recently and only after the Facebook problem came about. I realised that they only happened after the Facebook lagged out daily, and if I restarted the computer any time before exactly 24 hours later where the Facebook issue happened again, it would be gone. It is almost as if the Facebook problem triggers all the following.

Recently I have noticed that whenever I have a Microsoft Word document open for more than 30 minutes, whenever I try to close it, it would stop responding and hang. I would have to use Task Manager to kill it. It does not happen when I close documents that are open for a short while. 

Also, whenever I right-click something and click on one of the options (like Select All for example) in the pop-up, that option (and only that option in the bar, the rest of the pop-up will disappear as usual) would stay on the screen, stuck there. I would close all applications and it would still be there. It displays on top of every other open program or browser, and only restarting the computer makes it disappear (Happens only a few of the times I click on an option, not all. Sometimes it works normally, with nothing being stuck on the screen). This has never happened to me before. Also, I realised that whenever I right-clicked anything, instead of the pop-up displaying fully, it would display very unclear, like something in the background. It would be blurred and darker than normal, until I moused-over it, only then would it appear how it usually does. This has also never happened to me before. It just used to display normally. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users