Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Acer External HDD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm having issue about acer external HDD (I think its model is AH022S 500GB.) crashing the computer.

The computer runs Windows XP SP3. And it works fine,but when plugged this HDD in the system will crash everytime.

This HDD use to store all information about website spare data and Information room share data, very important.

Any way how to fix this?

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Hi, sirawit.

Does the same "crashing" happen when the external drive is connected to other machines?

Thanks

#3 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Hmm not sure now, I will try tomorrow but I cannot access it now becuase the room is locked.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#4 alltelltech

alltelltech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

I have seen this from both a bad HD and bad USB interface in the external drive box.  If your lucky it will be the USB interface, you can remove the HD a put in to a differt USB external drive enclosure.

#5 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,161 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Now this HDD is completely unusable and all data had been lost.

This thread can be closed now.

Thanks for all help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users