Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm getting different errors and blue screens, help urgently needed!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Maxey243

Maxey243

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hello,

I ordered a computer from the online website called 'EBay' for about £280. I understand it is not the best computer in the world but it should do the job of what I want it to do. (Game, and surf the internet).

Ever since I got the computer I was receiving blue screens and errors on games. All for different reasons. So I thought it must have been the RAM. I got that replaced with 2 sticks of 4GB corsair RAM. The problem still occurred. I then decided to get a new motherboard all together (M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard). This time the problem changed. I still receiving a different type of blue screen. This one said 'Memory Management' OR 'Bad Pool Header'. I also still get errors on my game which is most frustrating. I then decided to swap the HDD from 1TB to 200GB. All the errors I was experienced still occurred, maybe even worse. (An example of an error is when I open Fraps and it shows an error saying error 8, that't just one of the many errors)

I figured, it's not the HDD, nor the motherboard nor the RAM. I really cannot seem to fix the problem I have tried many different things. I am running Windows 7 ultimate. My games sometimes close and show errors. Shockwave crashes a lot and 'Google Chrome' says problems have occurred. Programs like to not respond too. I really do not know what to do anymore.

What could be the problem I REALLY need someone help because this is very frustrating. I cannot send the computer back as the people do not accept refunds and I can no longer find them on 'EBay'.

Someone help would be seriously appreciated!

System Specs
- AMD Athlon II x2 270 processor. 3.40 GHz
- 8 GB RAM
- 1,000GB Hardrive
- 64 Bit OP
- M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard
- Disk Drive/Burner Included
- NIVIDIA Gforce 9400 GT
- Added Heat Sync

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hi

:welcome:  to the BC forum

Please do the following steps to collect some basic required data to analyze the issue you are facing.

:step1: Publish a snapshot using Speccy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

:step2: Upload the crash dump files 

Open C:\Windows\minidump folder and copy all the files located in it to another temporary folder. You may need to disable user account control to copy the files. Then zip the folder and upload it to a free file sharing site of your choice. 

For example :

http://www.mediafire.com/

https://www.box.com/

:step3: Download Minitoolbox from the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and select only the following boxes.

-List users partition and memory size

-List installed programs

-List last 10 event viewer errors

-List Minidump files

Now click Go and post the result shown in next reply.

Analyzing those will give us hints to resolve the issue.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 10 July 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#3 Maxey243

Maxey243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

Speccy Snapshot:

- http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1h7RtG8g1guL4MnWKL5wkJS

Crash Dump Files (Compressed Zip Folder)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d2hb4ireu13si5x/Minidump.zip

Minitoolbox (Notepad result File)

https://www.mediafire.com/view/wm9zrlatv894zb3/Result.txt

Thank you for the help you are providing.

#4 gracebie

gracebie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hi

If you are facing bad pool header bsod windows 8. You can resolve this problem by going through the solutions given in the video tutorial. You can access that video tutorial from here

Mod Edit:  Removed blog video for Win 8...not applicable here - Hamluis.

Best of luck

Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#5 Maxey243

Maxey243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

Hi

If you are facing bad pool header bsod windows 8.

Thank you but I am not running Windows 8. I am running windows 7. I'm guessing this fix would not work for windows 7

Edited by Maxey243, 10 July 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Hi

The crash dumps you posted both shows the same error code 0x01A  : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557391(v=vs.85).aspx

Usually this code is an indication of a faulty memory module. Since you already replaced the RAM modules, hard disk and motherboard, i guess we can exclude them from the suspects. That leaves CPU , SMPS and graphics card as our suspects. I will thoroughly check the dumps for any possible clues. In the mean time please do the following steps.

:step1: Remove AVG

AVG is known to crash Windows. Remove it using the official removal tool to properly uninstall it without leaving any remnants.

http://download.avg.com/filedir/util/avgrem/avg_remover_stf_x64_2013_3341.exe

:step2: Remove the graphics card and run the system using on board display. This will rule out the chances of a faulty graphic card.

:step3:  Stress test the CPU using Prime95

Read the below guide and execute th CPU stress test. Use the default test Small FFTs

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/100352-hardware-stress-test-prime95.html

Report the result of stress test in next reply.

#7 Maxey243

Maxey243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

It is doing the stress test as we speak I will post the results as soon as it is done.

(How do I post it's results?)

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hi

You will find the result.txt in the same folder as Prime95.exe is running. The more time you run it, more accurate will be the result.

#9 Maxey243

Maxey243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Here is the result for the Stress Test. I hope this is the correct file.Attached File  results.txt   664bytes   2 downloads

I had to re-install my system because something happened. Will this effect the results?

Edited by Maxey243, 10 July 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#10 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hi

No errors can be seen in the results. Probably your CPU will be okay. 

You can re-install the OS but please follow the below guidelines.

- Remove all peripheral devices like graphic card, sound card etc.

- Re-install the OS and run it without installing anything else including the motherboard drivers. Play some movies to stress test the system. If you are getting blue screens, you got a hardware issue (Probably CPU or SMPS ) 

- If the system works fine, install the drivers from the Motherboard CD but don't install any third party apps. Repeat the stress test.

- If the system works fine, plug back the graphics card and install the driver for it. Now if you are started to get BSOD, you got a bad graphic card.

- If the system works fine, proceed to install third party apps and check if any of them causing crashes. 

#11 Maxey243

Maxey243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

I cannot take the graphics card out. My motherboard doesn't support VGA for my screen. It doesn't have any slots for the cable. It has to go in the graphics card

#12 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

Hi

In that case, leave the graphic card driver uninstalled for testing. Windows will automatically install a default version of the display driver.

Also there is a recent version of BIOS is available on the Asus support page (version 1709 )

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_LE_R20/#support_Download_30

New version includes several stability improvement so you should update BIOS to the latest.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 11 July 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#13 Maxey243

Maxey243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

I think the problem is the graphics card. I remember when I first got the computer it was working pretty much okay. As soon as I took the graphics card from downstairs and put it in mine errors started to occur.

Also my computer BSOD yesterday and I managed to see what it said. It said 'memory Management'

Is this any use to you?

#14 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hi

All the crash dumps you posted shows that same error code -Memory management. As i said earlier, RAM modules or the motherboard slots are the usual culprits but since you  replaced them, we can assume they are both good. To check whether one f the new module is faulty, you can run the system with only one module plugged at a time.  Before doing that, make sure to update the BIOS first.

#15 Maxey243

Maxey243
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

I don't know how to update the BIOS. I have the update file but I cannot run it or anything. It wants me to select a program to run it with, I don't know what to do.

I am going to try and re-install the motherboard drivers and see if it makes a difference 

Edited by Maxey243, 11 July 2013 - 12:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users