Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sql Error Message Please Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:05 AM

Whenever I log onto my machine I get this area message that pops up saying "SQL Server installation has been corrupt or tampered with, Unknown Package Id". Does anyone know how to get rid of this error message I would really appreciate it, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

Have you recently renamed your computer?

Is this stopping you from booting your computer?

Were you aware that you had SQL Server on your computer?

Sometimes this happens because of an antivirus update. It means that SQL Server is corrupt. Microsoft thinks that the best way to fix this is to uninstall and reinstall SQL Server.

Microsoft has their usual ridiculously complicated set of methods to remove SQL Server here. Since this requires registry edits, it would be a good idea to back up your registry first.

Here is a Microsoft article about MS SQL Server 7 setup.

Theoretically, only SQL Server 7 should be affected by this problem.

And here's another thread which suggests that the problem may be between MS Office Pro and BCM.

#3 wadeb_21

wadeb_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:42 AM

Have you recently renamed your computer?

Is this stopping you from booting your computer?

Were you aware that you had SQL Server on your computer?

Sometimes this happens because of an antivirus update. It means that SQL Server is corrupt. Microsoft thinks that the best way to fix this is to uninstall and reinstall SQL Server.

Microsoft has their usual ridiculously complicated set of methods to remove SQL Server here. Since this requires registry edits, it would be a good idea to back up your registry first.

Here is a Microsoft article about MS SQL Server 7 setup.

Theoretically, only SQL Server 7 should be affected by this problem.

And here's another thread which suggests that the problem may be between MS Office Pro and BCM.

No its not stopping me from booting. I was also not aware that I had SQL Server on the computer, thats why I don't know why this started. I don't recall changing the name. So I just took a look at what Microsoft said and like you said it has something to do with the registry, I"m kinda hestant to go into the registry because I don't want to mess anything up. Is there any other way around this, besides doing that. I know I don't have a disk either because I wasn't aware that it was on the machine. Any advice would help thanks for your response.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

Use Windows System Restore to reset it to a date from before this problem began.

start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore.

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 April 2006 - 10:07 PM.

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

I was also not aware that I had SQL Server on the computer

How about Office Pro? Thing is, there is probably something with SQL in it - that's database related. (Structured Query Language)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users