Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pairing two devices to play audio wirelessly (on wired speakers)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trotski

Trotski

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hello,

I hope I'm in the right place on the forum.

I am looking for a wireless option to play music from my PC to wired-speakers plugged into a communicating device. I thought of buying wireless speakers for a while but they are high priced and pale in performance compared to similar priced products on the wired end (high-fi).

I am looking for a small device that I can keep permanently attached to the speakers and control wirelessly from my laptop. Like a smartphone or small pc controled through team viewer.

What would you suggest to make this a practical idea ? I am looking at the cheapest option for the device since it only needs to store around 40GB of music or less and be able to run a player like winamp + team viewer round the clock. Thats it.

Is this worth considering ? Will playback be instant ? I'm not willing to comprimise on the response speed, I'd rather abandon the idea and go back to the expensive wireless speakers.

Are there easier ways to make this happen ?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

hmm - maybe something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1NV0SK9238

bluetooth can fine for audio. Stuff with video and audio there can be a delay. Drawbacks are that it can be difficult to direct the audio stream (like winamp has the nuanced control to go to specific speakers sets but internet explorer does not, think like I want this pandora stream playing out of bluetooth speakers, but all computer audio playing off my directly wired speakers)

Otherwise maybe an Apple Airport Express which gives you wireless speaker options from within itunes.

I use a Logitech squeezebox but they seem to be going away.

Lastly you know the expensive Sonos options.

Edited by AngryRaisin, 10 July 2013 - 05:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users