Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

email error in norton internet security 2013

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buntysingh666

buntysingh666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

I am getting pop ups continuously  saying that I sent an email and it could not be sent. It shows up as an email error or error 550. But I am not sending any emails.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zestypanda

Zestypanda

• Members
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

Hello bounty, that error isn't actually coming from Norton, but in fact it is a notice from your email service provider and ISP. Such alerts are displayed by Norton, even though Norton is not generating the error or causing the issue. It seems likely that your email service providers filtering is blocking an email your computer is trying to send. Have you opened any suspicious emails lately or downloaded and attachments recently? Or have you installed any third party software recently that has or could have components that handle emails? Also, do you use outlook and or have outlook installed?

Have a question, or just wanna chat? Send me a message. Or add me as a friend.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

What is the exact error message? Copy/paste it so we can see what it says.
If the email user name is in the error xxx out the part before @wherever.com/net/etc

What email client are you using?

Is this your ISP mail? If so, what ISP (it may be included in error message so you won't have to post this information if it is in the error)

Error 550 usually indicates that you need to configure SMTP Authentication for outbound messages.

It could also mean that 550 the recipient's mailbox is unavailable due to being incorrectly typed or not found.

The complete error usually gives the reason for it and will help us determine the best course of action for resolution.

Do you have any messages stuck in the client OUTBOX? Please check it and if anything is there DELETE it.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

550 - The requested command failed because the user’s mailbox was unavailable (such as not found)

What Those SMTP Error Codes Mean...
Troubleshoot 550, 553, and relay-prohibited errors
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users