Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

660 ti not working on dual bios motherboard

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raie2

raie2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hey, this is my first post so I apologize for anything wrong with this post in advance.

I recently bought a new motherboard -- GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 -- but, when I encounter difficulty. I found out that my graphics card made it freeze in the bios start up so, I used my old graphics card. I found out that to get the 660 ti to work on a motherboard with a dual bios, I need to update the bios with a 660 ti related download -- http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N660Ti-PE-2GD5-OC.html#Download -- I already updated all drivers and bios for the motherboard related downloads but, I cannot use the files in windows, the Q-flash in the bios, or load it off a usb drive during boot up.

Edited by raie2, 10 July 2013 - 01:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hi

To update graphic card VGA BIOS, you need to run the update tool either from DOS or Windows. Since you are not able to boot the PC with the MSI card connected, your only chance is to plug it in to another working system and run the BIOS update from it. I don't think there is any other way to do it.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 09 July 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#3 raie2

raie2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Thanks for the response, I will try it with my friend's help -- using his computer since I would have to switch out the motherboards and re-install the OS just to test this method -- however, I will not be able to test it right away so if anyone else would like to make a suggestion, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users