Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Homepage Has Been Set To Http://www.securitybulletin.net/ And I Cant Change It

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 G.roake

G.roake

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:52 AM

every time open up internet explorer it opens to some homepage called http://www.securitybulletin.net/ which i have not set in addition to that it also comes up with flashing warnings in my taskbar which lead me to sites like http://www.thespyguard.com/?aff=166 i ahe tried deleting this with spybot s&d and ad-adware 6.0 and agv antivirus and have even installed a zone alarm firewall but none of this seems to solve the problem please help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:36 AM

Yup, you're hijacked. You need to post a log in our Hijackthis! forum. Read this first. Do not reply to your own log because the helpers are looking for posts with zero replies. Do not try to fix anything with Hijack yourself. Hijack reports things that are normal as well as things that are malware and you can quickly hose your computer.

Please be patient, they're working as fast as they can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users