Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS CM6870 Freezing Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hearn2k2

hearn2k2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hello,

I’ve had an ASUS CM6870 for about a year now and I’ve been encountering the same issue ever since I bought it.

Some current specs:

• Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
  • Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
  • 16GB RAM
  • 2TB HDD (replaced after stock one fried)
  • EVGA GeForce 660GTX (replaced stock GeForce GT640 3GB )
  • 950w Power Supply (replaced stock 350w)

The issue I’m having is the computer just randomly freezes (no buzzing sound) which forces me to perform a hard shut down every time – It happens most often when I’m gaming, and most often when I Path of Exile. Going to the Event Viewer I find this error:  Microsoft-Windows-Kernal-Power Critical error (EventID 41) - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I run both GPU-Z and Core Temp, and when I last logged a file (after about an hour of play) my computer temp was sitting at 52C, so it’s not an overheating issue, and the wattage is fine. I've tested each stick of RAM, and the issue continues no matter which combination I have. All drivers are up-to-date and I have no other issues.

So, I'm pretty much lost as to what could be happening, even after replacing the video card and power supply I still have the same issue. This happens 2-3 times a day and I believe I'm pretty much just killing my computer having to hard shut down each time. Could it be a Motherboard or CPU issue? I’ve exhausted all attempts to resolve the issue aside from replacing every part in it, so any professional advice would certainly help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Came across this the other day, you may want to give it a try and see if it's useful:  Intel Processor Diagnostic Test - http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users