Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Software Programs Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grandpaw7

grandpaw7

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:24 AM

I hope this is an appropriate forum for this question.

I recently uninstalled some programs which I didn't want, including the MSN toolbar. Now, I keep getting the message"

#msntb_full_name# is unable to load it config file. If you have recently upgraded to a newer version of [it] and have not restarted your computer since the upgrade,please try restarting your computer. If the problem persists, please reinstall [it}.

I don't know what the ramifications of the message are, how to deal with it, or how to get rid of it.

I got the same kind of message for #gen_suite_name# but it came up only the one time. I have no idea what gen_suite refers to. The programs I uninstalled are MSN Search, MS Office Excel Viewer 2003, and GoToMyPC. I also installed MS Works 8 over the previous MS Works 6, which included an automatic uninstall of Works 6.

When I googled uninstalling the MSN Search Toolbar, the items said to use Add/Remove, which is what I did, and don't indicate that there will be the kind of porblem I am having.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 grandpaw7

grandpaw7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:41 AM

SOLVED. I overlooked one "small" item. I restored back to a point prior to the installations. I have undone that and things are okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users