Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I lose my HDMI Audio when...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Bitchen

Mr. Bitchen

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hi there.  This is peculiar and frustrating.  When I have music playing on my computer and I turn on my TV, the HDMI Audio driver quits and the computer immediately shows it with a pop-up.  If there's no audio playing, there's no effect and I can start the music if I want to.  Both the computer, where my audio originates, and the TV are hooked to my A/V receiver via HDMI cables.

Anyone know what's going on here?  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

The HDMI port you are using is it a separate card that was installed or did it come with the computer. Secondly have you checked for any updated drivers for the HDMI port? What brand of computer or mother board is this?

#3 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Have you tried going into the device manager, and uninstalling the driver rebooting your computer and allowing to reinstall itself?

#4 Mr. Bitchen

Mr. Bitchen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

The card is a Radeon 6850.  I have also found that if I change the input on the receiver while there is audio or video playing, the audio will terminate, and the HDMI audio will not come back on until I execute the driver/update file, then reboot.  I have learned to simply not change anything until there's no audio or video playing.  I shut down any players, then change inputs on the receiver.

Thanks for your time and effort. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users