Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logmein Rescue - Resetting The Trial Period

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 hooba

hooba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:32 AM

The LogMeIn Rescue service from https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/HelpDesk/CreateTrial.aspx is a very nice browser-based application that allows you to send an invitation to an online friend that needs help.

The downside is that it is expensive and only has a 14-day trial period. I just want to use the applicatin to help assist a friend from time to time, so $1,188 for 12 months service is kind of stiff...

I've been going through the registry, trying to remove traces of the application, - but I'm obviously missing something.

It would be great with some expertise help on this one.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:04 AM

You could always try Uninstall Plus! It is a program that is available on a trial basis HERE. I use it regularly and like it. Not only will it start a specific program's uninstaller, but then it will search the registry for any traces of the deleted program. Of course, it may not work right as you have already uninstalled some of it. Don't know for sure, but I think it is worth a shot.

Oh, and welcome to Bleeping Computer! :thumbsup:
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 hooba

hooba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for the tip. Nice tool, but unfortunately it didn't help me...

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

Trying to work around the trial period is a violation of the terms and conditions under which its use was granted.

https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/Purchase/t...ns_testuse.html

Even though you want to use this application to help a friend, BC cannot condone any discussion of what consitututes an attempt to violate software copywrite. The Forum rules are quite clear on this point:
" No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user."

I am sure you can find another means, or application to use, to help your friend.

This topic is therefore closed.

John
BC Global Moderator

Edited by jgweed, 18 April 2006 - 10:18 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:45 AM

I think I misread your intentions. I thought you were trying to remove the program from your computer. But upon rereading I see you want to hack the software. Sorry, no help here.

Note to self: Do a better job reading headers!

<off to write it 100 times on the blackboard>
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:24 PM

Just a suggestion. You could install RealVNC on both computers and use this to help your buddy.This program is downloaded free at www.realvnc.com and is easy to install.

To make to simple make sure your buddy is not connected to a router (go directly from the modem or if he uses dialup directely into the phone jack). Then all he has to do is do the classic next, next, next, next, then about 90% done the installation a window will pop up. Set a click on set password and set a password then click ok and the installation finishes and click finish. Get your buddys ip adress, go to www.whatismyip.com and his password then make sure the server is turned on his computer and go to the service program type in his ip and password and your connected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users