Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Program Would I Need For This?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wartactics27

wartactics27

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

So i was looking for a program that'll display what you type on keybord on screen. lets say, yuo playing a game or a tutorial and, for that you need to show on screen what key you pressed. If you can help ill be grateful.

THX in advance,
wartactics

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Sorry, but can you explain in a little more detail exactly what it is you are trying to do, and why your typing isn't coming up on screen ?

I don't play that sort of game where you have to type messages in very often, but usually some form of texbox appears and I just type in that, some do require that you click in them first to put the insertion point inside them. As for tutorials, any interactive documents I have used have texboxes for your responses, again sometimes you have to put the insertion point in first.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 aQuilla

aQuilla

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

Let me rephrase you mate. So you want to know if there is a program that would show what are the active keys that you are pressing in the keyboard? I don't think there is such program but let's wait maybe someone here knows better.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

You want an application that displays what keys you are pressing displayed onscreen in real time? If thats the case I am unaware of such an application nor was I successful with any Google searches.

Doesn't mean such an application does not exists. It means I don't know of one or was unable to Google and find one.

Maybe someone else?

Closest thing I found was various flavors of keyloggers and they don't display key strokes. Only record them covertly.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 wartactics27

wartactics27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

aQuilla and Animal

yes, i am looking for a program that fits what you said.

#6 wartactics27

wartactics27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

I found one: 

http://www.romeosa.com/osdHotkey/help.html

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thank you for letting us know, and sharing, that you found something that works for you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users