Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

office 97, vista home basic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gurung guni

gurung guni

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Hi All   I have recently just installed Microsoft Office 2007 on my Vista Home Basic OS. I am facing some problems for Words and Excel...   Excel 1) everytime i open an Excel file, the prompting 'stdole32.tlb' appeared. 2) when I click on OK, system start 'preparing to install' before opening up my file   Word 1) when i open Word, system start 'preparing to install' before opening up my file   Does anyone knows how to resolve these issues? It is very irritating...   Thanks in advance  

Edited by gurung guni, 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Here's the link on fixing the Excel issue: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-office_install/stdole32tlb-file-missing/9f1bfc94-7263-4422-a17b-a67233d8f111

However, the fact that you are also having issues with Word indicates something went wrong when Office 2007 installed. You will probably need to thoroughly uninstall Office (in other words, don't just go to Control Panel>Programs and uninstall it there) and then reinstall it. Here's the link for how to completely uninstall it -- use methods 2, 3 or 4. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users