Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web browsing in remote connection to server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thatguy38301

thatguy38301

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

Ok, I have a problem on a client's server.

Here's the layout:

They have 3 servers. One of the servers runs an Applied Systems program called TAM (The Agency Manager). The branch offices remote into that TAM server, located at the main office, to access the program and databases.

The TAM server is 2003. I can remote into the TAM server, and can not browse websites. Soon as I.E. (or Chrome) tries to open the home page, a nasty, evil little authenication box pops up. I have included a screen shot of this.Mcafee_problem_zps5ab86f58.png

McAfee is about as helpful as a pissed off rattlesnake. They keep wanting some kind of grant/serial number that I DO NOT HAVE! I have been on-site at the client's main office, and done everything but start ripping down drywall to find this mysterious "grant/serial number". They (the client) do not even have a McAfee appliance. Only firewall they have is a Netgear ProSecure UTM50.

Does anyone know a solution or work around for this? I am really, really, REALLY tired of this issue and the run around I get from McAfee.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thatguy38301

thatguy38301
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

I have since been told the message is coming from McAfee SaaS Web Protection product..... Doing a great job of protecting me from the web, seeing as how IT WON'T LET ME BROWSE THE WEB PERIOD... (Sorry, this is getting to a very old and tired story after 2 days of working on this)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users