Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton File Still On My Pc After Unistall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cyclops

cyclops

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:48 AM

morning all, cold wet day here in CHESHIRE UK. ive a Mustek flat bed scanner which I bought last year when I was using WINS 98 and after installing XP HOME it needed a new driver to make it compatable with XP. I found new driver on the MUSTEK website and downloaded it to my desktop. Then in installed the files and tried the scanner which didnt work due to a problem with the above file. A message came up -
"16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM. C:/PROGRA~1/SYMANTEC/S32EVNT1.DLL AN INSTALLABLE VIRTUAL DEVICE DRIVER FAILED DLL INITIALIZATION. CHOOSE "CLOSE" TO TERMINATE THE APPLICATION"
I previously had NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2004, paid my renewal fee on SEPT 2005 then found out
that they werent supporting 2004 from NOV 2005, and it cost me 25 UK, so I wasnt impressed with then and unistalled it and went elsewhere. I thought I had got rid of every file and info about NORTON but it appears that this damm file is hidden away somewhere stopping me installing the new driver for my scanner.
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME RID MYSELF OF THIS FILE once and for all?
You were all very helpful when I installed XP HOME successfully about 4 months ago when I asked for help
and im hoping you can do the same now for me.
thanks guys. CYCLOPS. (TED). :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:59 AM

The following should help:

How to Fully Remove Norton 2004 and newer
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42247/how-to-completely-remove-norton-security-products/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users