Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some assistance !

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 saravananr

saravananr

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hello Everyone !

I had formatted my Laptop just 2 days ago . I formatted it because of excessive virus attack . Now after formatting , I have installed NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2013 . I want complete security against viruses so that my laptop runs well . Should I also install Zone alarm Firewall for additional security ? Or will it clash with the existing NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2013 ?

Plz help me with this concern and also provide some ways in which I can always run my laptop virus free !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

Norton Internet Security 2013 (NIS 2013) sits midway up the scale and offers antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, two-way firewall.

If this is the version you refer to, it already has a built in Firewall, so you would not add a second 3rd party one also -

Thanks -

#3 saravananr

saravananr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

Which shall I prefer ?

Norton Internet security 2013 or Bitdefender Total security 2013 ?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

I want complete security against viruses so that my laptop runs well

There is no such thing as complete security unless you never use it. No single product is 100% foolproof and can prevent, detect and remove all threats at any given time.

I'm not an advocate of suites. All-in-one tools and suites generally use more system resources than separate programs that do the same task. They tend to have varying degrees of strengths and weaknesses for each feature. In contrast, separate tools are designed, built and maintained with a greater focus in a specific area so they are generally of better quality and more effective at what they are designed to do. This means the program's performance for that particular feature is usually superior than their all-in-one counterpart. Further, all-in-one tools generally do not allow the user as much flexibility in tailoring default settings and usage.

If you're not using Windows XP, IMO there is no need to replace Windows Firewall with another one. Read Choosing a Firewall
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users